Advertisement

MovieZyng

All My Sons (1948) {KL Studio Classics Blu-ray Review}

Reviewed by Jason Lockard

Hollywood Legends Edward G. Robinson and Burt Lancaster were brought together in 1948 for a film adaptation of the 1946 Arthur Miller's stageplay "All My Sons".

Kino Lorber's classic film division KL Studio Classics are giving this war drama / film noir a Blu-ray release a film with these two superstars so richly deserves. 

During World War II, Joe Keller (Edward G. Robinson) was accused of shipping damaged airplane parts that caused the deaths of 21 servicemen. However, he frames his business partner, Herbert Deever (Frank Conroy), and Hebert was convicted of the crime. Years later things would come to a head as his son plans to marry Deever's daughter.

Arthur Miller is an acclaimed playwright known for Death of a Salesmen and The Crucible. But All My Sons is another great story that isn't as widely known. All My Sons is a true human drama with all the heart and passion that you really want to see. Irving Reis weaves together a near perfect film adaption, while the black and white film noir cinematography is flawless.

I love Edward G. Robinson is film noirs. My favorite being The Red House. But after watching Robinson and Lancaster joined with great supporting cast including Mady Christians, 
Howard Duff, Harry Morgan and Louisa Horton. I must say All My Sons is right up there as one of my new favorites.

This amazing film noir has been transferred in 1080p in the original aspect ratio of 1:37.1 and the soundtrack is a DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0. The transfer is from a brand new 2K scan and I must say this film looks 
absolutely gorgeous. There is just a few minor defects in the picture, but they are so minor most won't even see it. Other than that the 2K restoration is spectacular. 

As for special features on this Blu-ray. There is English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing and a very nice audio commentary by Film Historian Kat Ellinger and Author/Fil Historian Lee Gambin. This commentary is filled with great information about the stage production as well as the movie.
Defiantly worth a listen. And finally there is some trailers including, The Stranger The Woman in the Window, Night has a thousand eyes, Desert Fury, Kiss the blood off my hands and The Devil's Disciple.


Watch The Trailer of All My Sons Below:


If you are a fan of Edward G. Robinson, Burt Lancaster or classic film noirs. The KL Studio Classics Blu-ray of  All My Sons is one you are going to want to add to your collection. I know I am glad to have it hear in Classic Cinema Plus Studios so that we can relive it for years to come. Head over to Amazon.com and order your copy today.

Out of 4 Film Reels (4 Being the Best) KL Studio Classics Blu-ray All My Sons receives...


Post a Comment

0 Comments