Advertisement

MovieZyng

Suddenly in Color (1954) {DVD Review}

Reviewed By Jason S. Lockard

I recently received Legend Film’s DVD release of Suddenly in the mail. This film holds a very special place in my heart; as it was my dad who introduced me to this film. My dad always dreamed what it would have been like in color! Well, my dad never got a chance to enjoy Legend Film’s new colorized version, but I did and I want to share with you my thoughts on this film!

Suddenly is a sleepy little town in California. Nothing happens there, that is until now. The President on his re-election tour is about to come through on the train. The FBI swoops into town to secure the location. A car pulls up to the home of a family whose house overlooks the station at the very point where the President’s train will stop. A trio of men lead by John Baron (Frank Sinatra) announce themselves as FBI security men and proceed to enter the house. We soon realize that Baron is not FBI but a hired assassin. The tension mounts as the hours pass waiting for the president’s arrival. Will Baron and his men make good on their plan or will someone stop them before it’s too late? You’ll have to watch the film to find out.

Suddenly is 76 minutes of thrilling tension and Legend Films not only put the beautifully colorized version of this film, but for those that feel black and white films should stay that way; Legend Films restored the original black and white film and included it on the release. The audio and video on both version are super clean. There are no bonus features, but this film alone is worth the money!

So if you love thrillers as much as I do! If you love Frank Sinatra as much as I do? Head over to www.LegendFilms.com or your local DVD retailer and treat yourself to this thrilling classic now in color!

Moral Rating: Violence
Audience: Teen and Adults
Genre: Thriller
Length: 76 min.
Released: 2009
Our Rating: A+

Post a Comment

0 Comments