Advertisement

MovieZyng

Hey Dude The Complete Series (1989-1991)

Reviewed By Jason Lockard

As a young teen I loved the old Nickelodeon sitcoms. One of my favorites was the adventures of the kids at a dude ranch. The series was called Hey Dude!

As I got older I often thought about that series and wondered was it as good as I think it was! I found a copy of Hey Dude The Complete Series on DVD from Shout Factory and thought now was the time to see now in my adult years if I still find the show as much fun as I did as a kid.  

The series took place at the Bar None Ranch. A city slicker named Mr. Ernst (David Brisbin)  decides to leave the city and pursue his dreams to be in the west and own a ranch! He has a staff of teenagers, who always seem to be getting into some sort of trouble.

The kids included Christine Taylor as Melody, David Lascher as Ted, Kelly Brown as Brad, Joe Torres as Danny and include in Debra Kalman as ranch hand Lucy and Josh Tygiel as Mr. Ernst's son Buddy! The producers would add to the series Jonathan Galkin as

Jake Decker, Ernst Nephew and Geoffrey Coy as Jake.

The series had one of the best theme songs in Nickelodeon history. At least in my opinion! I still find myself at times singing it when I think about the show! The series ran for 5 seasons that's 65 episodes. These are the episodes included in the series!

Season 1: Day One At The Bar None / Battle Of The Sexes / Goldilocks / Ted's Saddle / The Competition / Rehearsal For Romance / Perfect Father / The Good, The Bad & The Obnoxious / Rainmen / Ted & Brad Get Handcuffed / Suspicion / Employee Of The Week / Pain In The Neck

Season 2: Loose Lips / Battle Of A Hundred Bucks / Our Little Champion / Bunkmate Battles / Crash Landing / Ghost Stories / Teacher's Pest / Treasure Teens / Dan The Man / Superstar / Bar None Babysitter / Cowboy Ernst / Take Me To Your Leader

Season 3: Inmates Run The Asylum / Hey Cinderella / Datenite / New Kid On The Block / Sewn At The Hip / Superstition / Dueling Ranches / Ex-Static / No More Mr. Nice Guy / Killer Ernst / Melody's Brother / The Bad Seed / Stick Around

Season 4: They're Back / Ride, She Said / Magnum Ernst / Dudesbury / Fear / Secret Admirer / Lost In The Desert / Return of Ted / Do the Right Thing / Doghouse Blues / Some Like It Hot / Mr. Moneybags / Murder, He Wrote

Season 5: Miss Tucson / The Legend Of Jed / Incredible Shrinking Ted / Rest In Pieces / Baby / Jealous Guy / Amnesia / Presumed Stupid / Crush / Low Budget Brad / Jake's Fight / Double Date / War

Shout Factory housed the entire series on 10 DVDs. Each season has two discs dedicated to that season. The episodes are presented in full screen format. These episode look and sound better than ever. The picture is clean and the audio is clear. Included on this collection is a special bonus of an all new interview with Christine Taylor. The DVDs are secure in flipper trays in a very strong and sturdy DVD case.

Looking back at this series after all these years I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it! I think I still feel the same about the changes that were made with the cast. Didn't like it when I was a kid and still don't like it now!

All in All I found this to be a great little add to my collection! I don't regret picking it up at all! So if you are a fan of those old Nickelodeon sitcoms this one is an absolute must own! Head over to ShoutFactory.com and pick up a copy for yourself today!



Moral Rating: nothing offensive

Audience: families
Genre: sitcoms
Length: 25 hours
DVD Release: 2015
DVD Rating: A


*Please note film rating above are my own personal opinion.
www.Twitter.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Facebook/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Instagram.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Youtube.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Ultimatetube.com/TheeRealPastorJ

Post a Comment

0 Comments