Advertisement

MovieZyng

Dark Was the Night (2015) {Blu-ray Review}

Reviewed By Jason S. Lockard

Maybe I am stuck in the past, but for me most of the new horror films filled with profanity and gore just are not for me. I like good ole fashion horror films. So I’ll be honest with you I didn’t hold a lot of promise for the horror film Dark was the night. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.


The film takes place in Maiden Woods is a remote and quiet town of decent, hard-working people. When a logging company decimates an area of the forest something stirs in the dark woods and a rash of violent events transpires. It is up to Sheriff Paul Shields (Kevin Durand) and his deputy (Lukas Haas) to confront their own personal demons while facing down something even more horrible than anyone can imagine.


To me a good horror film is not blood, guts and gore, but characters we care about in turmoil and writer Tyler Hisel and director Jack Heller bring us just such a film. The cast work so well in this film it is like seems the characters were written for them. The scares are good and the gore and bad language is minimal! It is a little slow in spots, but not enough that you will lose interest! For me this film one of the better newer horror films I’ve seen in a quite a while.


Image Entertainment’s Blu-ray release of this film includes a beautiful HD transfer of this film and includes special features; a behind the scenes look at Maiden woods and a Q&A with the cast.


So if your like me and enjoy good character development and good ole fashion monster scares this is the film for you! I highly recommend Dark is the Night for your Blu-ray collection! Head over to 
amazon.com today and pick up a copy! You won’t regret it!

Moral Rating: violence / scary images
Audience: teens and adults
Genre: horror
Length: 98 minutes
Blu-ray Released: 2015
Blu-ray Rating: B+

Post a Comment

0 Comments