Advertisement

MovieZyng

Prince Of Eygpt: The Musical Blu-ray Review

Dreamwork Pictures have released some amazing animated film even film that would be considered classics. We have seem the Shrek films, Chicken Run, Kung Fu Panda, The Road to El Dorado, Antz and The Prince of Egypt.

Now over the years as I said these films to many people have become classics. But none great that that of the classic tale of Moses in The Prince of Egypt. Now many classic tales are made into stage productions, so why not The Prince of Egypt? Well, that is exactly what happened?

Journey through the wonders of Ancient Egypt as two young men, raised together as brothers in a kingdom of privilege, find themselves suddenly divided by a secret past. One must rule as Pharaoh, the other must rise up and free his true people; both face a destiny that will change history forever.

The Prince of Egypt was a remarkable animated feature! I remember seeing it as a teenager and thinking what an amazing piece of cinema. Now to see the film come to life of the stage, simply tremendous!

I must say when I went into watching this Blu-ray, my first thought was, "How are they going to pull off the scale of Egypt and the Red Sea and the antics saw in The Prince of Egypt?" Well, let me tell you I was impressed to say the least. They had a huge video all and had scenery on that video all to bring the audience right into the midst of the Red Sea. Amazing! 

The Prince of Egypt the stage production has been transferred to Blu-ray in 1080p and presented in 1.78:1 aspect ratio. The audio is a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. There are also English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.

This transfer is crisp and clean with no signs of digital artifacts. The colors are bright and vibrant and the audio is clear as a bell! This Blu-ray release really takes you right to the front row of this stage production. I truly enjoyed this musical.

Now as for bonus features! There are none! And for me what made this even worse is there isn't a Blu-ray menu. The production just starts when the disc loads. Now that may be a minor complaint to some people, but for me I always load up the disc and then go pop popcorn or get snack ready than go into press play and start the feature!

I will always consider The Prince of Egypt an animated classic, but to have this amazing musical as a companion piece to the cinematic classic is perfect! The acting is great, the Music is spectacular, and the production quality is top notch! I highly recommend this production! It would make a great night for the whole family.

If you enjoy musical as much as I do, Prince of Egypt is a must-see musical experience. I highly recommend this Blu-ray release. Head over to
MovieZyng and order your copy today! 


Out of 4 Film Reels (4 Being the Best) The Prince of Egypt the Musical Blu-ray receives......

Post a Comment

0 Comments