Advertisement

MovieZyng

I Can (2023) DVD Review

I have always enjoyed a good biopic and biopics that are inspirational, even better! Then when you throw in a little sports to the mix, boy you have got my undivided attention!

Well, in 2023 First Capital Films produced a film about a young lady who overcame what many might consider insurmountable odds to become an All-American softball player.

Now one of the proponents of physical media Mill Creek Entertainment have given the story of Katelyn Pavey entitled "I Can" a DVD release. Now fans of sports dramas can add this biopic to their collections. Let's take a look at this DVD release. 

A couple’s adulterous affair leads to an unexpected pregnancy. They leave their spouses to begin a new life together, but their daughter, Katelyn, is born with a birth defect. While her dad believes Katelyn’s condition is God’s punishment for the affair, Katelyn, with only one fully developed arm, defies all odds with an incredible gift for softball. I CAN is a story about overcoming adversity and finding genuine forgiveness.

Now some may think the underdog storyline is a bit overdone in films, but to me it always works. The film has a faith-based slant to it, but it is not overtly preachy. The acting in this film is pretty good, but Danner Brown stands out as the inspirational Katelyn.

I Can is a film that shows that you can overcome anything that this world deems a disability and become a success. Nothing is Impossible! Katelyn proved that in real life and I Can documents it for the world to witness! 

"I Can" has been transferred to DVD in widescreen format and in Dolby Digital audio. There is the option for English and Spanish subtitles. When looking at this transfer the film looks and sounds really nice. There are no digital artifacts. It is a very clean transfer.

As for bonus features, well, there are none. That's a bit of a shame. I would have loved to see some cast interviews or making of featurettes, trailers ect. That would have taken a nice release to a whole other level.

Even with the lack of bonus features this release is something to talk about. If you are looking for another stand-up and cheer, feel good feature. I Can is an inspirational tale of not letting your shortcomings determine your future. 

If you want a good inspirational sports drama for the whole family, I Can is one release you will want to add to your collection. Head over to Amazon and order your copy today!



Out of 4 Film Reels (4 Being the Best) I Can DVD receives......

Post a Comment

0 Comments