Advertisement

MovieZyng

Frost (Blu-ray Review)

Survival films are so much fun to watch. Man against the elements. The human spirit. These type of films inspire me. So when I heard of the new survival film Frost I was excited to check it out.

Now as I watched this film I very soon realized that Frost is not your typical survival film. There is no chalk one up for the human spirit in this film. This film starts off human spirt and take a sharp curve into gruesome horror. 

Now Cleopatra Film and MVD Visual are brining horror movie fans the opportunity to watch this film on DVD or Blu-ray, whichever you prefer. Just in time for Halloween.

A young pregnant woman Abby (Devanny Pinn) reunites with her estranged father Grant (Vernon Wells). After an accident strands them on a remote mountainside during a winter storm. Grant goes for help while Abby is left behind in the car to try to survive the cold and a wolf on the hunt. 

The cast is extremely
 small Devanny Pinn, Venus DeMilo Thomas and Vernon Wells. Most will remember him from his roles in Commando, Mad Max 2 or Weird Science and the wolf is played by Shadow. Everyone does a decent job in their roles, but the story doesn't really get a chance to flesh out. 

The gruesome final minutes of the film is so disturbing that it made me uncomfortable to even watch it. A couple of times I hade to look away. I won't spoil the ending, even though you could probably find out the ending online. Here on Classic Cinema+ we are spoiler free.

The has been transferred in widescreen format with the soundtrack has two options a 5.1 surround sound and a stereo track. The visual cinematography of this film is stunning. As for bonus features There is a theatrical trailer and an image gallery.

The uncomfortable
 gruesome nature of this ending of this film was so hard for me to watch I could not consider it a film that I would want to revisit. It makes it hard for me to recommend it. But I do know there are horror hounds and gore fans out there. And those people may find this film one that they will want to add to their collection.

So if you love gory horror films Frost will be one you will want to add to your collection. You can add this film to your collection on DVD or Blu-ray by heading over to
Amazon and order your copy today.

Out of 4 film reels (4 being the best) Cleopatra Film/ MVD Visual DVD release of Frost receives...



Post a Comment

0 Comments