Advertisement

MovieZyng

Rhythm Parade (1942)

Reviewed By Jason Lockard


Musicals can be a bit of an acquired taste. I grew up in a family were my dad loved musicals and so he exposed us to the culture of musical cinema. Whether it was Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Rogers and Hammerstein or my dad's favorite 7 brides for 7 brothers. You could rest assured we would see a musical at least one a week.

Well, the good folks at Alpha Video have released a classic musical featuring the beautiful and talented Gale Storm. The film is from 1942 entitled Rhythm Parade. Let's take a look at this DVD release.

The film follows nightclub singer Sally Benson (Gale Storm) who as a favor brings her sister's baby to the nightclub to babysit. Afraid her boyfriend Jimmy Trent is going to get the wrong idea, that maybe the baby is hers. She tries to hide the baby instead.



This is a fun little musical comedy romance story.
The music of The Mills Brothers and Ted Fio Rio and his orchestra are highlights. Also something to look out for are a young Yvonne De Carlo and a very young Monkee Micky Dolenz.

The DVD includes this classic film in full screen format. It runs just over an hour so it moves along so fast that you don't get bored. 
The audio and video quality is typical of the 1940s. It's not crystal clear. There is some imperfections in the picture and in the sound, but nothing that should take away from your enjoyment of the music and story.

I enjoyed this film. I took me back to my childhood of watching musicals with my dad, good times. This is one we never watched when I was growing up and watching it, I can only think I wonder what my dad would have thought of this film.

So if you love classic musicals Rhythm Parade will be right up your ally. Head over to Oldies.com
today and get your copy of this classic on DVD.
Moral Rating: nothing offensive
Audience: families
Genre: romance, musical, comedy
Length: 1 Hour 2 Minutes
Blu-ray Released: 2018
Blu-ray Rating: B

*Please note films rating above are my own personal opinion!

You can Follow Jason on Social Media
www.Twitter.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Facebook.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Youtube.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Instagram.com/TheeRealPastorJ

Post a Comment

0 Comments