In a world of remakes, reboots and revivals, it seems so rare to see something original on film. Well, 2026 rapper and filmmaker Boots Riley brought to screens the most imaginative and raucous film to hit screens in quite a while with "I Love Boosters".
Now after its festival and theatrical runs Decal - Neon has decided to give this this riot of a crime comedy film an UltraHD and Blu-ray combo release.
Synopsis: A group of shoplifters take aim at a cutthroat fashion maven by stealing her clothes and reselling them at a lower price, what they call "fashion-forward philanthropy."
After watching this film you may wonder where in the world he got the idea to write the screenplay and direct such an film. Well, if you are not familiar with Boots Riley his group The Coup recorded a song entitled "I Love Boosters!" That is where the idea for this film came from.
I Love Boosters is a colorful film. And I don't mean that in the way most might think. Boots Riley uses color to make this film pop like nothing we see in this generation. This film feels almost like a throwback to the psychedelic sixties. And has great performances by all, but Demi Moore and Don Cheadle's characters really stood out to me.
Where the film fails a bit is in its runtime. With the film running 2 hours, this is a bit much. If the film had been cut down to a sleeker 1 hour 40 minutes. This would have been a much faster-paced and enjoyable film.
The film has been transferred to 4K UltraHD and Blu-ray in 2160p and 1040p respectively and is presented in 2.39:1 aspect ratio. The audio tracks to choose from are an English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and an English 2.0 Descriptive track. There is also the option for subtitles in English, Spanish and French.
The transfer is crisp and clean. The Ultra HD version really enhances the colors of this film, making it a feast for the eyes. Now, as for bonus features. Well, this is where this release falls short. There are just two discs, no bonuses, not even a digital copy.
If you are looking for something colorful, different and fun to escape the cares of everyday life, well, I Love Boosters might just do the trick. You can order the 4K of I Love Boosters by heading over to Amazon and ordering your copy today.
This 4k Blu-ray combo is set for release on September 22, 2026
Out of 4 Film Reels (4 being the best) The 4K / Blu-ray set of I Love Boosters receives.....

Social Plugin