I'll Do Anything (Blu-ray Review)

When I think of James L. Brooks, I think The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Taxi as he created these shows. But he has had an amazing career in film as well. He even won Academy Awards for his film Terms of Endearment.

In 1994, he wrote and directed a comedy-drama entitled I'll Do Anything. The film sadly was a box office bust, as the film only made $10 million against a $40 million budget. But it is still considered a favorite among fans. So Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has released this film on Blu-ray, so physical media fans can enjoy this film for years to come. 

Synopsis: Matt Hobbs (Nick Nolte Affliction, The Prince of Tides) a character actor who struggles to make ends meet unexpectantly is given responsibly of his six-year old daughter (Whittni C. Wright) by his ex-wife (Tracy Ullman).

While this film was a box office failure, one thing is for sure James L. Brooks knows how to write and direct films and it is on full display here. Nick Nolte and Whittni C. Wright have a wonderful father/daughter chemistry here. This is just a sweet, touching film that shows the real raw truth behind seperaton and how everyone suffers.

Sony Home Entertainment has transferred this film to Blu-ray in 1080p and is presented in 1.85:1 aspect ratio. The audio track is an English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0. There are also subtitles in English, English SDH, French, and Spanish. 


The film looks and sounds good in HD. Nothing mind-blowing, but decent. Sony has transferred this film to Blu-ray in 1080p and is presented in 1.85:1 aspect ratio. The audio track is an English 2.0 stereo track. There is the option for English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.

Now for me, when a physical media release comes in I look for the bonus features. Well, sadly this release has no bonus features whatsoever. I waqs hoping for an audio commentary, interviews, maybe a featurette, but sadly there is none.

If you are one who loved this film, then you may want to add this to your home video library. Head over to MovieZyng or Amazon and order your copy of the Blu-ray of I'll Do Anything today.


Out of 4 film reels (4 being the best) the Blu-ray of I'll Do Anything receives.....