Advertisement

MovieZyng

I Spy (2002)

Reviewed By Jason Lockard

Remakes some people love them, some people hate them! I am not going to say I hate them. I always go into watching one with an open mind! Most of the time I am disappointed, but every so often I am entertained.

I Spy was an American secret-agent television adventure series. It ran for three seasons on NBC from 1965 to 1968. The show followed the adventures of a duo of intelligence agents Kelly Robinson and Alexander "Scotty" Scott, traveling undercover as international "tennis bums".

Well, in 2002 Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson took the reigns of these characters to bring them to the big screen. Now thanks to the good folks at Mill Creek Entertainment this film is now on Blu-ray. 

When a super-powerful experimental spy plane is stolen by an evil arms dealer and is about to be handed over to an international terrorist. The U.S. Government drafts an egotistical boxing star (Murphy) to join a suave special agent (Wilson) on a dangerous top-secret mission to get the plane back. Armed with the latest high tech gadgets and a whole lot of attitude, this ultimate odd couple might be able to save the world if they can just get along.


Now, this is by no means the television series. There is a lot of adult themes, adult language and violence in this film. I think the adults will might enjoy this movie, just keep it away from the kiddies.


Now while this is not as good as the original TV series, I found myself really enjoying Murphy and Owens' take on these characters. There is some times where the film seems a bit slow. But I think it is a very good little escapism film. It is a nice mix of comedy and adventure.

Now for the Blu-ray itself. The film is presented in its original widescreen format and in 1.85:1 aspect ratio and in the audio is DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. The film looks and sounds stunning in HD. There are also English subtitles for the hearing impaired.

There is no bonus features on this release. While that is a bit of a downer. I feel having a gorgeous copy of the film in HD is more than enough reason to call this a buy.

So if your a fan of Eddie Murphy or Owen Wilson. Or if you love the original I Spy why not take a look at this movie remake! You may be surprised at how much your enjoyed it! Head over to MilCreekEnt.com and get your copy today!





Audiences: Teens and Adults,
Objectionable Material: Adult Language and Situations, violence
Length: 1 Hour 37 Minutes
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
Blu-ray Rating: B+

Post a Comment

0 Comments