Advertisement

MovieZyng

Tribute to Stan "The Man" Lee

Written By: Jason Lockard

The beginning of this week we lost an Icon, a legend. Not just in comics but in pop culture. Stan Lee, he is responsible for the amazing Marvel movies we experience. If it wasn't for his creative genius none of these characters would be on our screens. We would not be enjoying the adventures in print. It all is because of him.

I am not going to talk about Mr. Lee's life and times that has been done time after time. So I won't do that! But I want to talk about how Stan Lee's genius inspired me. When I was growing up I was the son of a hard working pastor. Our family never went hungry, but by no means were we rich. So I wasn't able to enjoy comics. Every so often my dad would see his way to get me a comic and what an amazing thing to see characters leaping off the pages.


As I grew older and I started to work on the radio I was able to start buying comics and enjoying the adventures of not only Marvel, but DC as well. And even to this day I still add to my comics collection all the time. N
ot being able to enjoy the monthly adventures in print, I did get to witness the amazing adventures of one of my favorite Marvel character on TV reruns. And I still consider this show one of my favorites. Bill Bixby and Lou  Ferrigno in The Incredible Hulk. It was cool to see The Hulk, but the stories were what really holds up even to this day. And that is all thanks to the amazing characters the Stan Lee created.



Also in the 1970s other Stan Lee characters were brought to TV Spider-man in a short lived TV series, Two Captain America TV Movies and a Doctor Strange TV pilot. While they all have some charm none of them can even come close to the awesomeness that is The 70s Incredible Hulk.

Than in 2008 Tony Stark came onto the big screen and changed everything we thought superhero movies were. Now it seems it's Marvel's world and we are just living in it!

What made these films so special was seeing Stan Lee's cameo appearances. You looked out for them just like film fans looked out for Hitchcock appearances in his films. I truly am going to miss looking out for him in the newest Marvel films.

Stan Lee left his mark on the hearts and minds of most of us. He will be missed. There will never be another Stan Lee we can rest assured of that.

R.I.P. Stan "The Man" Lee.

Follow Jason on Social Media:

www.Twitter.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Facebook/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Instagram.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Youtube.com/TheeRealPastorJ
www.Ultimatetube.com/TheeRealPastorJ

Post a Comment

0 Comments