Advertisement

MovieZyng

TOP 2017 home video releases

Written By Jason S. Lockard


9. Suicide Squad: OK technically this was a 2016 release but it was released December of 2016 so I'm going to let it slide through. I have watched this film a couple of times now and I have to say the action is great but the story is lacking and the profanity is just too much! Than there is Jared Leto's version of Joker it just irritates me! I'm not against gangster Joker. I just don't like his take on it! The best part of this film is Will Smith as Deadshot. 

8. Transformer The Last Knight: I grew up on transformers! And the film series has been a huge topic for fans for many years now! I like Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager. And the CGI is pretty amazing as always in these films. I love the story, but the profanity was excessive in this one!

7. Logan:  This is "supposedly" the final time Hugh Jackman will play Wolverine. This film is lower on my list simply for the extreme profanity. Unnecessary in my opinion. This is a heartbreaking and tragic story. A story of a friendship that lasted right up to the end.

6. Spider man: Homecoming:  A lot of people love the new spider-man Tom Holland. I guess he is OK! He is not my favorite. There is a lot of adult humor in this film which was just unnecessary! But I did love Micheal Keaton as Vulture. Good story of a protective father and the look he give the young Spider-man in the car.... chills. Also anytime who can have Robert Downy Jr. as Iron Man it's a plus.

5. Rogue One (A Star Wars Story): If you ever wondered how the rebels got the plans of the Death Star for episode 4 A New Hope. Wonder no more! This story introduces us to new characters! That does make the film suffer just a little. Cause we are not as invested in these characters as we have been in the other ones! But the CGI versions of General Tarkin and Princess Leia is amazing!

4. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2: By no means is this film anywhere close to the first installment of Guardians of the Galaxy. And I am not very happy that the changed the backstory of Peter Quill's father. But all in all it is a pretty entertaining little film and in the end isn't that what we are looking for! 

3. Dr. Strange: Talk about trippy! This film take reality and flips it on it's ear. The CGI is so amazingly believable! I wasn't a big fan of Tilda Swanson as the Ancient One, but that is a minor dislike.Than there is Bendict Cumberbatch I really hated him as Khan in the Star Trek reboot, so I was really worried about this casting! I have to say I was wrong! He was perfectly cast as Dr. Strange. Such a good film!

2. Wonder Woman: I know this will sound like I am against women, I'm really not! I am just not a fan of female superheroes. I was skeptical about Gal Godot as Princess Diana! I am glad to say I was never more wrong about a film that this one! This was an amazing film! Easily could have been #1 on this list!

1. War for the Planet of the Apes:  I love the original Planet of the Apes movie series! So when they decided to reboot it I was mad. I'm not a fan of reboots when the original is so good! But I gave this first film a try and after watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes I started to buy into it! Than came Dawn of the Planet of the Apes that film was not engaging to me as the first one! So I was a little worried about the final film of the trilogy! This trilogy ends of a high note. This film is an emotional roller coaster ride and by the end you will be in tears of joy and heartbreak at the same time.

So that's my take! What's yours? What is your favorite 2017 home video release! Let me know!

Post a Comment

0 Comments